Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Comings and Goings





Here I am! I didn't disappear. I have been working, cleaning, yardwork, did I say cleaning? I'm always cleaning. You'd think I have a house full of kids! It's just me, the hubs and the pooch. Add to this a little trip to Maryland with a friend for Mother's Day. Her daughter took us to an afternoon tea. So yeah, I've been busy.

I've been sprucing things up inside. My parents will be here for a quick trip this weekend. I have an uncle who passed away and the funeral service is next Monday. They leave next Wednesday. They will be back though. They always come up from Florida for about a month during the summer. They should be back sometime in August.

We've also been cleaning up and planting outside. It's alot of work getting those flower beds in good shape! It's work I like to do so it doesn't bother me to do it. Glenn on the other hand, does not like it. Complains the entire time but boy does he like the end result! He doesn't even have to plant anything. He is good about unloading the mulch thankfully. Now we just have to finish a little bit out back. The patio furniture has to come out and the awning needs to go up. I so love the warmer weather. The windows are open, I can hear the birds chirping. All is right in my world (for now!).

As I am typing, my boy (the dog, Pepper) is laying beside me. He likes the nice weather too. The window is open right above him and he hears the birds too.

So that's it for now. I promise to try harder with my blogging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gurl! the yard looks fantastic and your house is beautiful!! i love the smell of mulch in the spring!!

p

Just Me said...

Your yard does look fantastic. I'm so envious of people who can make their front yards look so purrrty. I have a BLACK thumb, and cannot grow anything. Ok, so the first year I was here, I went gung-ho and planted all kinds of flowers & put a couple of large flower pots out, and it looked good. That was the last time I did anything, cuz I am soooo lazy when it comes to yard work. (I hate it.)

So....there will always be people in the world *me* who have blah front yards to make other people in the world *you* look extra good! :) :)

Rachael said...

It looks beautiful!!!