Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer's Almost Over :-(

Well, it's Labor Day Weekend.

The end of another summer.

The kids start a new school year on Tuesday. Hopefully without a strike! The North Penn School District always starts school AFTER Labor Day. Everyone else has already started.

I am such warm weather girl. I so would move to a warm climate if it weren't for my husband. I really get excited when the flowers start to pop up and the trees begin to bud. Then I wait patiently for the first lawn mowings to smell that fresh cut grass. Love hearing the crickets at night when the windows are all open. This year we had alot of fireflies in our yard at night. It looked like thousands at times. Our sunroom is not insulated or heated...this becomes "Glenn's room" during the warm weather months. He watches his TV shows here and I am in the living room. This room get closed off in the winter. I don't like closing it up. We have lots of sliding doors here which I open up when the weather is like it is now. Beautiful!

The mums are already popping up at all of the stores. Soon the pumpkins will be out too.

Fall isn't such a bad time of year. It just lets me know that winter and cold weather are not far behind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boo hoo...me likey the warmth too...