Last weekend in January I went to scrapbook with the greatest group of girls. We have such a fun time when we get together. And trust me...that we ALL could do the same weekend just astounds me! Scrapping, eating , drinking (too much by me!)...doesn't get much better. Skip a weekend and then...
I went to California to work at a scrapbook convention for 5 days. We were in Costa Mesa, Orange County. We had a nice time and some nice weather but boy oh boy, did we work! 4 straight days of being on your feet at least 12 hours (if not more!) a day! I was very good too. Only bought 2 pieces of paper and a Zutter corner rounder. It took me a good 5 days to recoup from the show and the time difference. I just couldn't get my sh!t together!
I went to Florida to visit my parents. An honest to goodness, do nothing type of vacation! Another one of those eat and drink extravaganzas! I just layed by the pool reading my book. It was sunny and the temps were in the low 80's every day. Simply heaven I tell you! While I was there, my Dad showed me how many can tabs he has collected in the last 6 months. For those of you who don't know...my Dad saves those little tabs off of soda, beer, soup, etc cans. Doesn't matter what size. He takes 'em all! Alot of their neighbors save beer and soda cans just for him. He crushes the cans and uses the money for yarn for my mom and her friends to crochet blankets for nursing homes and the abused women's shelter. The tabs are collected and then a Shriner's Hospital rep comes and picks them up. They use them to buy equipment for their hospital. Dad says there are about 500,000 in this picture! I couldn't believe it when I walked in and saw this! Isn't my Dad just the best! Can you tell I'm a Daddy's girl! Oh, I almost forgot...we went out to eat and had the most delicious chicken wings! It's the only place I wanted to go while I was there! They are to die for! It was a wonderful 5 days. I was hoping the lousy weather here would keep me there for at least another day but no, we were only delayed 2 hours coming home :-(
So...I've had a kind of busy 6 weeks! From one side of the country to the other!

2 comments:
YAY!!! you are alive!!!
Post a Comment