did we start the holiday season off with a bang!
We went to my brother's house for Thanksgiving dinner. A good thing 'cause I didn't have to serious clean! Had a terrific meal. We always have to have mashed rutabagas and my sister-in-law always has to have Cope's corn. Along with the turkey and all the trimmigs...YUM! I ate way to much! I didn't eat much during the day knowing there would be a ton of food and when it came time for dinner, I was starving and just went overboard. Also talked to my parents in Florida who had dinner with my Aunt Carol and friends who live near by. It was just the kind of Thanksgiving I like. Low key, casual and comfortable with my family.
Black Friday...I tried to go shopping but WalMart was just insane. I wanted to get $8 bluejeans. They never got them in. Damn. Then I wanted a digital camera. They were sold out. DAMN. Lastly, I wanted an external hard drive. Didn't have them either. WTF! I was up at 4:45am so I went home and went back to sleep for 2 hours. We had our usual crop at the scrapbook store. I actually got some pages completed before it was my turn to work. My friend Patti and I split the shifts. She took the early and I took the late. (again, I bow to her for my mistake thinking she worked till 5pm. She was in the schedule till 4pm.) While I was scrapping, my husband called me from the railroad where he volunteers. He needed to know if I made any plans for the next day (I did not). He went online and bought us tickets for Trans Siberian Orchestra for the next night (Saturday)! I was almost in shock. He actually listened when I told him I wanted to see them.
So Saturday, after he was done at the railroad, (yes he was there again), he flew home, got cleaned up, ate dinner and we left. Traffic on I95 was horribly backed up. There was also a Tina Turner concert at the Spectrum (just our luck). We got into the concert just as the music started! OMG...what an experience! The music and lights are just insanely amazing! And the best part...Patti and her husband Scott and Christina and her husband Mark were also there! We met afterwards and had a few drinks before heading home. What a truly amazing concert!
Today (Sunday), Glenn was still in the gift giving mood so we went looking for a new winter jacket for me. Couldn't find any that I liked. Wasn't my weekend for gift shopping I guess. So we went and grabbed dinner, then went grocery shopping.
That was my holiday weekend. Pretty full if you ask me. I sure hope the rest of the holiday season is as nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad to hear you enjoyed the TSO concert! I know I loved it when I went last year! How sweet of your hubby. :)
awww... How nic eof Glenn to suprise you!!! cool that you all met up for drinks aftwerward!
geeez Shirley...you lucky girl!
SIL
tap tap...UPDATE ME PLEASE!!!
franks...carry on:)
Post a Comment