As I was typing my last post, I started thinking about when I delivered the 4 babies. I was very active with the local ambulance (Lansdale VMSC)for many, many years. One of those deliveries was with one of my dearest friends, Dale Francis. Amazingly enough, today is the 7th anniversary of his death. How weird is that?
I don't think of Dale everyday anymore like I used to, but God do I miss him! His death was absolutely the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. He was ALWAYS there for me. We spent more time together than lots of married people do. No one could make me laugh like he did. He told the crudest jokes and cracked the worst farts both at just the right moment. We went to each other's weddings and had the best times! We certainly knew how to throw a good party.
I could go on for days talking about all of our great times and adventures but I won't bore you (all 5 of you who read my blog!). While I am watching the Olympics closing ceremonies tonight, I will tip my beer bottle in honor of my friend.
Here's to you Dale.
I miss you more than words can say.
Love, Shirley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww...that was so touching. I'm so sorry Dale died. :( Sounds like you two had a great friendship.
where is the tomato mozarella post?!?!?!!!
Post a Comment